1. Identification of main exact topics which are “problematic” for the companies the Working Groups should focus on.
2. Roles and responsibilities distribution – who will work on each of the topics.
3. Timeline for recommendation presentations.
It was decided to focus on a few points that appear to be the main problems within the frame of the Working Groups.
The key details of the discussion were as below:
● The topic of internships was stressed mainly for companies to start providing more structured and systematic internships, whether paid or not paid.
● Have the internships not limited to certain fields or areas, to not work in small units but run it organizational-wide.
● Companies should have a legal framework when it concerns internships, to avoid any accusations or issues and as need be legislative changes should be done.
● Another issue was the hiring of foreign employees in Armenia and giving them work permits. There are certain limitations that arise problems for them finding jobs in Armenia.
● Paid vacations should be considered for the foreign workforce.
● Additionally, consider the payment options for that paid vacation and the deadline of the payment. This topic will be later discussed individually.
● The main problems of the working groups are the following:
❖ Internship Formalization
❖ Internship guidelines, with regards to students
❖ Student Loans
❖ Workforce Opportunities for foreigners
❖ Vacation calculation and payments
❖ Vacation payment options for the employees.
● A list was provided to help with the strategizing process of companies to become better.