January 1, 2006
Grant Thornton CJSC
Grant Thornton CJSC is the Armenian member of Grant Thornton International, one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. Sharing the Grant Thornton philosophy worldwide, the firm provides partner-led, personalised services with high end professional standards and approaches dedicated to the needs of dynamic, growth orientated organizations of public and private sectors. For about 20 years Grant Thornton has been providing audit and advisory services to top-level commercial organizations in various sectors of activity, governmental and non-governmental organizations, international and local organizations, as well as a number of financial institutions, including national and commercial banks, credit organizations, funds, insurance and brokerage companies in Armenia, Georgia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Mongolia. Grant Thornton Armenia consists of over 160 experienced international and local public accountants and auditors, advisers in finance, business and management, as well as tax and legal advisers professionals, working at the two offices in Yerevan. These experts have sufficient competence and experience to provide highest quality services with due care and professionalism. The firm provides a spectrum of professional services, designed to provide tailored solutions to the needs and requirements of the clients. The company’s key services are:
- Audit of financial statements prepared according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), US GAAP and other financial reporting frameworks
- audit of statutory financial statements
- agreed upon procedures
- IT assurance framework (ITAF) – information technology auditing standards, guidelines and procedures (ISACA)
- review of financial statements.
As statutory auditors we prepare reports to shareholders as required by law and attend the annual meetings of shareholders.
We advise our clients on all aspects of corporate tax strategy development and tax planning, tax issues arising from formation or acquisition of a company and provide an overview of local and international perspectives.
- Business risk services – special attestation services, internal audit, governance and risk management, risk modelling services
- Business consulting services – operational improvement, change and program management, IT management, business intelligence & analytics
- Transaction services – M&A advisory, due diligence, valuations, capital markets: acting as nominated advisory or sponsor
- Restructuring and recovery – advisory on corporate restructuring
Dispute management advisory
- Forensic investigations – digital forensic services: data analytics
Outsourcing services range from set up of accounting systems and regular account maintenance to provision of interim reviews of the accounts and preparing budgets and monthly or quarterly reports. As accountants we also prepare year-end financial statements and all tax and social contribution returns.
Legal advisory involves a wide spectrum of corporate legal consultancy ranging from incorporation and liquidation matters, legal representation, litigation, ad-hoc legal advice, provision of legal opinions to execution of due diligence and structuring deals from a legal viewpoint. We also provide law drafting services to our clients.