On 9 September, 2020 AmCham Armenia organized a meeting by the support of the US Embassy and Non-Proliferation Center (NPC) NGO on INTERNAL COMPLIANCE PROGRAM (ICP): BENEFITS FOR ARMENIAN COMPANIES.
An internal compliance system is an arrangement in which a company ensures that it is completing legal transactions, obeying the regulations enacted by the government, and fulfilling company export policies. Internal compliance systems typically include a set of procedures that company officials must satisfy before an item leaves the company. Such procedures include a thorough investigation of the buyer and end-user prior to the shipment of a purchased item off-site.
During the meeting Dr. Karen E. Gasparyan, Director, Non-Proliferation Center (NPC) NGO, delivered a presentation on the benefits of adoption:
– International ICP Practices
– Armenian ICP History
– Introduction of Current ICP Plans
What are the goals of an ICP?
To develop contacts and good-standing relationships between the company and export agencies;
• To remain informed of updates to the government’s export control laws and regulations;
• To centralize export-related questions and issues;
• To standardize procedures;
• To provide early warning and screening of all inquiries and orders;
• To generate coherent and complete documentation of all sensitive export transactions; and
• To train all employees engaged, either directly or indirectly, with exports.
For cooperation and information please contact:
Mr. Karen E. Gasparyan, Director
Non-Proliferation Center (NPC) NGO
+374-99-417 683 (mobile)
Special thanks to Mr. Robert Pazos, Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) Advisor to Armenia, U.S. Embassy.