Title: AmCham Deputy Executive Director
Start time: July 1, 2015
Duration: Permanent, with 3 months’ probation period
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia (AmCham) is looking for a candidate to fill the permanent position of Deputy Executive Director, who will be able to lead and coordinate the activities of the organization in line with AmCham's mission of promoting the best business practices in Armenia.
The Deputy Executive Director will be responsible to:
- Ensure that AmCham maintains a strong customer service focus and is responsive to members’ needs
- Organize regular events for the members
- Oversee the development of the AmCham Business Magazine and Newsletter
- Provide for effective functioning of the AmCham website, including advertisements
- Ensure effective communication with media representatives, including arranging for media coverage of AmCham events as desired
- Coordinate implementation of advocacy campaigns focused on improving business regulation and implementation
- Ensure effective and cost-efficient implementation of AmCham projects
- Supervise a staff of two and manage all associated human resource responsibilities
- Serve as an intermediary between member companies and foreign businesses
The Deputy Executive Director will replace the Executive Director and serve as Acting Executive Director when needed.
The Deputy Executive Director will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director to:
- Provide effective communication and represent AmCham on behalf of its members, with the RA government, US government, international and diplomatic community in Armenia, wider business community, AmCham network worldwide, etc.
- Develop an annual AmCham Public Relations/Communications strategy and oversee its implementation
- Develop an AmCham advocacy agenda based on consultation with members and external parties
- Represent AmCham on various working groups and committees
- Develop AmCham’s budget and oversee its accurate implementation
- Maintain strategic alliances with international organizations operating in Armenia
- Diversify funding sources of AmCham working with other international donor institutions operating in Armenia on projects of mutual interest
- Recruit new members
- Report to the Board of Directors on regular basis
- Implement other tasks, as assigned by the Board of Directors
- 10+ years of work history
- At least 5 years of managerial experience
- Work experience in international organizations
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and coordination skills
- Computer literacy
Remuneration/Salary: Competitive, based on previous experience and skills
If interested, please email your CV and Cover Letter at: email@example.com . In the subject line of your message, please mention "Deputy Executive Director". Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Opening Date: June 2, 2015
Application Deadline: June 15, 2015
The American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia (AmCham), an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is a business association representing the interest of around 100 member companies operating in various segments of the economy in Armenia. AmCham is heavily involved with advocating for fair and transparent business regulations and practices in Armenia.